Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a Legal Talent Manager to work with our Talent Services team in our Denver office. This position will provide strategic talent management for assigned practice groups through hiring, training, professional development, engagement and team development of lawyers. The Legal Talent Manager will focus on identifying current and future needs for all levels of lawyer staffing, fostering an environment of lawyer professional development and engagement, and providing critical support to practice group leaders. In order to be successful, the Legal Talent Manager will build strong internal relationships through effective communication and utilizing best practices in attorney development. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Identify market trends to oversee successful hiring and integration of entry-level and lateral lawyers
• Build effective relationships across multiple avenues, including practice groups, operations departments, law schools and new lawyer hires
• Serve as a resource for professional development, training and onboarding of new lawyers
• Administer programs such as the Advisor (mentoring) Program and the Individual Development Program to promote lawyer career development
• Provide career support and manage significant aspects of the lawyer career path, such as parental leave, departures, performance feedback and promotion
• Participate in strategic planning sessions to identify current and future lawyer staffing needs of the Firm, including summer associates, entry-level hires, lateral associates, counsel and partners
• Manage coordinators and administrative staff, as applicable
• Other projects and duties, as assigned
• Strong commitment to client service • Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office • Ability to supervise, train and motivate staff • Demonstrated leadership skills, including critical thinking, risk-taking and creativity • Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment • Positive and professional demeanor • Travel to other FaegreBD U.S. offices
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events • 37.5-hour work week with a one-hour lunch break • Business casual attire • Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field • Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans • Generous paid time off
• Four-year degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
• 5+ years of related experience in a law firm or professional services environment
• Experience managing people and projects
• Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
About Faegre Baker Daniels
Faegre Baker Daniels - One Firm globally, committed to Clients First through High Performance.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.