Legal Practice Management Specialist - Business and Tax
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
September 10, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Practice Management, Professional Legal Management
4 Year Degree
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial legal practice management specialist to join our team in Seattle. This position will support the practice manager and the Business and Tax practice group on initiatives that enhance business and strategic operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide support to practice managers on preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups' profile and reputation.
* Lead the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers' experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
* Conduct research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers.
* Coordinate the negotiation and management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events.
* Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and liaison to the event planning team.
* Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support.
* Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group's blogs and social media platforms as necessary.
* Track and monitor practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager. Process budget requests.
* Assist with additional projects as necessary.
* Travel to other offices, particularly Portland, required (approximately 25%).
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
* 2+ years of law firm or professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts.
* Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required.
* Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* College degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive. They should have a work ethic that is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. They will have the drive to figure things out and get it done.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Internal Number: 9386153
About Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
The List that Shaped a Legacy
Davis Wright Tremaine is dedicated to providing excellent legal services, and delivering them in a manner customized to each client’s particular needs and preferences.
This commitment has remained intact for decades as the firm has grown across the nation and to China. Today, Davis Wright is a full-service firm with approximately 500 lawyers in nine offices on the east and west coasts of the United States and in Shanghai. We are recognized for excellence in a broad number of areas, with 89 of our attorneys across 31 practice areas cited as leaders in their fields in the most recent Chambers USA guide, and over 140 of our attorneys across 56 practice areas included in the 2015 edition of "The Best Lawyers in America."
Focused on the Future
While we honor and have great regard for our history, Davis Wright is focused on the future of providing legal services. We believe the future will reward those lawyers and firms that innovate and persist in tuning their services to the real-life, changing business needs of their clients. The ability to deliver customized excellence is based on listening to and understanding our clients, and being sufficien...tly flexible to adapt our approach to the client’s needs in the context of the particular situation in which we were hired. That involves talking with our clients, learning what their success measures are, and collaborating with them to ensure our service helps them accomplish those measures.
This always involves excellent lawyering but it also includes:
deep industry knowledge,
gains in efficiency in performing work that does not require a customized solution, or
the application of technology to reduce cycle time and improve quality.
How We Work with Clients
We use a number of techniques to ensure we understand our clients. We use client teams to enhance communication and collaboration among our lawyers, to advance our understanding of our clients’ business objectives, and to confirm with clients that our service model is aligned with their needs. Each year, we conduct dozens of face-to-face client service interviews, led by senior members of the firm, to solicit specific feedback on our lawyers and work, and to understand how, from the client’s perspective, we can improve. And, on a daily basis, we expect our lawyers to deliver value that includes not just excellent legal service but also business insight, user-friendliness, and flawless support.
We believe the way we work with clients is a distinctive feature of the firm and we make it a priority to reinforce its importance.
Teams That Collaborate
In terms of our services, we supplement depth and strength in the core legal functions of litigation, business transactions, intellectual property, and employment with nationally-recognized, broadly-based teams focused on a number of highly regulated industries—including communications, media, financial services, health care, energy, and hospitality. These teams collaborate effectively to provide a unified legal solution that is well-informed by the particular business and regulatory circumstances that influence our clients’ businesses and the legal work they need.
We focus on what we do extremely well. This means we will not be all things to all clients, but that they will place a high value on their relationship with Davis Wright.