Attorney Recruitment, Professional Legal Management
Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Attorney Development and Recruitment department, in Chicago, as an Attorney Recruitment Manager.
Chicago Office • Assume a lead role overseeing all aspects of attorney recruitment for all positions, including counsel and partner recruitment • Manage the Chicago recruiting team handling all facets of the Chicago attorney recruitment process (summer and first year associates, law clerks, foreign associates, lateral associates, staff attorneys, practice professionals, temporary contract attorneys and independent contractors, counsel and partners • Ensure appropriate interface of team with: Hiring Partners, Recruiting Committee and School Team Captains, Practice Leaders, Law school career services and search firm professionals, ADR Recruitment Managers in other offices, Diversity professionals, Marketing professionals, Employment Counsel and HRIS professionals • Manage the on-campus recruitment program including on-campus interviews, call back interviews, events, etc.; travel to law school events as needed
• Manage onboarding and orientation and exits of summer associates
• Oversee the development and administration of the training, social events, mentoring, work assignments, evaluations and offer process during the Summer Program
• Manage the budget for summer program and lawyer recruitment • Participate in all relevant local office Committee meetings and events for recruitment and diversity, etc. • Train, develop and manage the Chicago lawyer recruitment team and recruitment work allocation • Maintains applicant tracking data and reporting
U.S. - Wide • Lead law student and staff attorney, associate and counsel lateral recruiting in the Attorney Development & Recruitment department (ADR) in the U.S. and oversees all aspects of law student and lateral recruitment for attorney positions such as summer associate, associate, counsel, law clerk, pre and post judicial clerks, foreign associates from LLM programs, staff attorneys, contract attorneys, etc., including management of summer programs
• Working with the Director of Attorney Development and Recruitment, develop and maintain procedures, templates and checklists for student and lateral recruitment and summer program management to ensure consistency across the offices while allowing for local office adaptation as needed ensuring one firm approach to campus recruiting • Keep ADR team informed of procedures and lead multi-office call of ADR recruitment professionals to plan for upcoming season of summer program and campus recruitment
• Track and report on all student and lateral recruitment activities • Provides first line of support to National Hiring Partner, coordinating periodic Hiring Partner meetings as needed • Coordinate the ADR processes for student and lateral recruitment and summer program work of each U.S. office working closely with local office ADR recruitment professionals • Oversee NALP form filing, Vault relationship, AmLaw Summer Associate survey, non-partner search firm agreements, recruitment budgets, recruitment software tools and usage guidelines, Career Opportunities website and development collateral recruitment materials • Coordinate interface with HRIS, Marketing & Diversity professionals for US wide recruitment initiatives and reporting • Works actively with ADR Director to refine procedures, to provide status reports, and to interface with partner committees such as Recruiting Committees, COPA, etc. • Embraces a U.S. wide mindset towards the work of the department and supports the increasingly global focus of ADR work. Serves as primary point person for global discussions of campus or lateral associate recruitment
• Bachelor’s Degree required • Advanced degree in education, human resources or law a plus • Ten+ years of law firm or professional services firm recruiting and team management experience required • Familiarity with Microsoft office suite strongly preferred; strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office products; knowledge of applicant tracking [LawCruit], work assignments and performance evaluation [viDesktop], and HRIS [PeopleSoft] software a strong plus • Strong interpersonal, listening and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; high level of professionalism and initiative • Demonstrated presentation, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills • Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate across staff levels within the Firm and to lead team to accomplish goals • Ability to develop strategy and objectives, and manage projects effectively • Strong customer service and team orientation • Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment • Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality • Must be able to work additional hours as required of an exempt level position • Availability to attend weekend and evening events required. Flexibility to travel on occasion as required • Light lifting; up to 10 lbs. • Normal office environment requiring extensive use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, copier)
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so
About Mayer Brown LLP
Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia and Europe. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.