Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 800 lawyers located in 51 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our Dallas, TX office has an opportunity for an experienced Site Support Specialist to join the firm’s expanding Technology Department.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Summary of Position:
Primary responsibilities include providing 1st and 2nd level technology support for 50 attorneys and staff in our Dallas office on a variety of hardware and software. As part of a Regional support team, provide technology support for other offices in the region including travel to these locations as needed. Will participate in firm and department technology initiatives as needed.
The following are the most common duties/responsibilities of the position, but are not limited to:
- Windows OS and application software installation, repair and support.
- Imaging, deployment and support of desktops, laptops and peripherals including user profile provisioning.
- Hardware installation, repair and support including printers, conference room A/V equipment, wireless access points and server room equipment.
- Keeps accurate inventory of supported offices’ equipment.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity from desktop and laptop computers.
- Mobile device setup and support.
- Telephone administration, setup and support. Including moves/adds/changes.
- Provide excellent customer service and practice total contact ownership from acknowledgement to closure. Document problem description and resolution using ITSM system. Participate in ticket creation, escalation and follow-up.
- Keep current on firm needs with regular communication with Office Administrator; be proactive in identifying technology solutions and preventing potential problems; act as the local office liaison and end-user advocate as it relates to technology.
- Work with other technology department teams including Help Desk, Applications team and Infrastructure team.
- Consistently act in support of overall firm and department initiatives, goals and objectives.