Schiff Hardin LLP is a general practice law firm representing clients across the United States and around the world. We have offices located in Ann Arbor, Chicago, Lake Forest, New York, San Francisco and Washington.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join our staff as a Manager of Law Student & Associate Recruitment and Integration. In this highly valued role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the firm’s law student recruitment program, including on-campus interviewing, law student interviews, and recruiting-related events, and the firm’s summer program Firm wide; overseeing lateral attorney, new associate, and summer associate orientation; and developing and implementing an integration program for new associates and lateral attorneys. Reporting to our Professional Development Partner, primary responsibilities include:
Law Student Recruitment and Summer Program:
- Managing the full-cycle law student recruitment process firm-wide, including on-campus and in-office callback interviews and communications with candidates and new hires.
- Participating in strategic planning and initiatives related to law student recruitment and oversees their implementation, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry.
- Ensuring recruiting brochures, careers web site, NALP forms, and other surveys are accurate and regularly updated.
- Cultivating and maintaining close relationships with candidates, colleagues, law school student groups, professional organizations, external recruiters, and law schools' career services.
- Serving as primary administrative support to Law Student Recruitment Committee.
- Overseeing planning and implementation of the Summer Program including orientation, training and mentoring, work assignment allocation and evaluation processes, social events, budget, offer decision process, and communication with summer associates.
- Supervising Law Student Recruiting Coordinator in tasks related to law student recruiting and summer program.
Attorney Onboarding and Integration:
- Participating in strategic planning and initiatives to enhance integration and bring best practices to the firm.
- Overseeing staff in coordinating orientation for summer associates, new associates, and all lateral attorneys.
- Developing and implementing integration program for new associates and lateral attorneys.
- Cultivating and maintaining close relationships with new and lateral lawyers to support their integration.
- Overseeing maintenance of recruitment records for affirmative action and other reporting and file maintenance purposes.
- Supervising the Law Student Recruitment Coordinator.
- Participating in professional association activities for recruitment and participating on professional panels and committees.
- Recommending changes and updates to the Professional Recruitment pages on firm website.
- Counseling summer associates, new associates, and lateral attorneys to resolve job-related concerns.
- Developing, implementing and documenting law student recruitment and attorney integration and orientation procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Schiff Hardin is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We maintain a policy of considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, citizenship status, order of protection status, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, source of income, military or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.