The Manager of Attorney Talent is the first contact for people initiatives for the Corporate and Finance Practice Groups in the Americas and is responsible for understanding and assisting those populations. The Manager oversees various aspects of on-the-job attorney development strategies, including, but not limited to, staffing initiatives, retention initiatives, feedback and review systems, mentoring systems, counseling and transitions, and onboarding and off boarding of attorneys in the Corporate and Finance Practice Groups in the Americas. The Manager will report into and work with the Director of Attorney Talent – Americas and will coordinate with the Global People and Professional Development teams to ensure consistency among the various Practice Groups in the Americas and Globally. The Manager will interact and provide additional support to the Partner in charge of Practice Group Administration, Practice Group Leaders (PGLs), Practice Area Leaders (PALs), and the Global Practice Group Managers. In addition, he or she will work closely and interact regularly with other members of the People team. This position will not have any direct reports. However, he or she will provide supervisory support as needed to the Coordinator – Attorney Talent.
- Manage the feedback and review (Pathways) processes for associates and counsel.
- Work with and coach partners, counsel, and associates on the skills to actively participate in the feedback and review process.
- Manage the career counseling program for associates and counsel, including open placement of the firm’s lawyers with opportunities, both internally and externally, and the attorney outplacement programs.
- Support partners in resource planning and in building high performing, diverse teams.
- Assist with staffing solutions for associates and counsel to ensure appropriate legal and professional skill development.
- Review utilization to ensure associates within the Practice Groups are fully utilized and flag potential issues for the Director of Attorney Talent, Practice Group Administration, and the PALs as applicable.
- With the Associate Recruitment Department, manage the on-boarding process for new attorneys in – focusing on lateral integration.
- Manage the mentoring program.
- Manage the exit process and conduct exit interviews of all attorneys and report on results and trends to the Director of Attorney Talent – Americas.
- Assist with the year-end compensation process.
- Work with People team, the PALs, and the Office Managing Partners to plan events to maintain and build morale and increase associate engagement and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the People team and members of other Business Services departments to suggest initiatives designed to enhance the day-to-day work environment of our attorneys.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Must be flexible to work additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.