Proskauer is a global law firm providing a wide variety of legal services to clients worldwide from offices in Beijing, Boca Raton, Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, Newark, Paris, São Paulo, and Washington, DC
The Senior Benefits Specialist will work closely with the Director of Benefits and Wellness to oversee and drive the development and execution of the Firm's Health and Welfare Benefits and Wellness programs. In this role, the Benefits Specialist will assist in developing strategies, ensure plan compliance, liaise with plan consultant s, service providers, plan participants, the Firm's internal partners and members of senior management who have questions regarding the plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in overseeing and managing all health benefit plan design, administration and communication firmwide.
- Assist in the execution of the Open Enrollment process, including planning roll-out of communication materials, informational meetings and vendor participation.
- Effectively communicate trends and legislation changes on a timely basis to the Director of Benefits and Wellness and recommend course of action to manage impacted plans.
- Develop strategies to expand and promote Health and Welfare and Wellness initiatives to the Firm, and determine and measure success criteria.
- Maintain positive working relationships with carriers to ensure that they are meeting the agreed service requirements.
- Provide information and guidance to employees, insurance carriers and government agencies in line with relevant compliance guidelines and the Firm's service standards.
- Assist with the new employee benefits onboarding process.
- Ensure accurate benefits data is maintained in HRIS and providers' websites.
- Generate, analyze or audit internal and provider-generated reports, including census data for ongoing reporting and compliance purposes
- Work closely with Human Resources and Payroll teams to share benefits information as appropriate.
- Participate in any ongoing implementation or upgrades of the Firm's HRIS system.
- Participate in special projects and events throughout the year, including employee seminars, annual flu shot program, and health fairs.