We’re a dynamic leader in the legal services industry, employing more than 450 professional staff working alongside 500-plus lawyers. Our Client Development and Practice Management Department is an exciting team that provides seamless business development and practice management support throughout the firm. Our principal office is located in Washington, D.C., at 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, close to the federal courts, the federal departments and agencies, and Congress. We also have locations in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, London, and Brussels to serve clients with interests in those areas.
Crowell and Moring Attorney Recruiting and Learning and Development teams are seeking to hire an Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator. This position will be in our New York office.
The Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator will recruit attorneys and law students, as well as plan the summer associate program and fall associate orientation and integration. This person will work closely with the Recruiting Manager, the Recruiting Committee, the LD Manager and colleagues firmwide.
• Prepares for the arrival of summer associates including but not limited to: preparing assignment database, coordinating and executing the orientation schedule and onboarding, conducting planning meetings with the summer associate committee, monitoring work projects and assignments, and overseeing the evaluation process.
• Plans and attends summer associate events, creates and prepares invitations to summer social activities, tracks RSVPs, social budget and training program coordination.
• Oversees on-campus registration, schedules on-campus interviews and coordinates all necessary arrangements, schedules candidates for callback interviews, and coordinates offer files for offer decision process.
• Coordinates the candidate follow-up process including all offer dinners and other recruiting special events.
• Assists and participates in the offer decision process and data compilation/report generation.
• Works closely with practice groups to identify and recruit lateral associate, counsel, senior counsel and partner candidates. Coordinates interview schedules and oversees the lateral attorney recruiting process for the NY office.
• Maintains recruiting database and candidate files, reviews, screens and processes all incoming applications.
• Develops relationships with lateral search firm recruiters and ensures all search firm procedures are correctly tracked and implemented.
• Participates in committee meetings, including those for lateral recruiting and summer associates.
• Coordinates new hire orientation and integration for the NY office including one-week check in.
• Maintains ongoing statistics regarding attorney recruiting programs.
• Supports implementation of integration, and diversity initiatives, and associated policies and procedures.
• Updates firm recruitment and promotional materials, intranet, and website, and completes annual NALP questionnaire and form.
• Assists with the coordination of attorney development training programs including CLE administration, use of the firm’s online learning management system (viLMS), conference room preparation, feedback and program follow-up.
• Works with attorneys in home office to identify and facilitate office specific training curriculum.
• Serves as point of contact for office regarding attorney training and evaluation inquiries.
• May require overtime and regular travel to the DC office.