To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily, with attention to detail. Excellent client service is expected. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The ideal candidate must have outstanding organization, written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and works well under pressure. The ability to travel up to twenty-five percent of the time may be required. Aptitude for innovation, a positive attitude, prioritization, and quality work product are essential. Leading candidates will have a working knowledge of various types of technology such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with other professional development staff or employees to coordinate CLE accreditation, prepare speakers and review program materials.
• Design online learning opportunities and coordinate updates with online CLE providers.
• Oversee the attorney mentor program, Women of Womble initiative, new attorney orientation, and practice-specific courses, as well as continuing legal education events.
• Conduct and provide analysis of program evaluation results, develop recommendations for improving curricula and programs, and work with attorneys and staff to continually enhance program offerings.
• Management of summer associate hiring and professional development including, but not limited to, administration of on-campus recruiting, summer program management, and organizing in-office interviews.
• Oversight of related firm policies and communications within the firm.
• Work with other firm departments and committees to ensure coordination across the firm.
Knowledge of and proficiency in instructional design and adult learning principles, project management experience, familiarity with continuing legal education requirements in multiple jurisdictions, and experience with online learning are key. A minimum of two years experience managing a professional development program, preferably in a law firm or other professional services organization is required. Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in Organization Development preferred. Interested persons should submit their resume and cover letter through the application portal at http://www.wcsr.com/Recruiting/Current-Job-Openings .
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer.