The Legal Recruitment Coordinator will provide administrative and analytical support to the Legal Recruitment Department with respect to lateral attorney recruiting in Washington, DC and our international offices. The Legal Recruitment Coordinator also coordinates the Washington office’s summer program and on-campus interview program, and provides assistance with regard to law school recruiting and summer program events. Along with the Senior Manager, Legal Recruitment, the Coordinator is a “face of the firm” for attorney hires in Washington and our international offices, and is called upon to ensure that the recruiting efforts and events run smoothly and consistently.
- Lateral partner hiring:
- Assist Senior Manager with sourcing, researching, evaluating, assessing, presenting candidates to firm committees, offer process, and onboarding. Coordinate conflicts and background check processes. Track candidate metrics and perform other statistical and strategic analysis around lateral partner hiring.
- Support various aspects of new partner integration.
- Coordinate the on-campus recruiting process for the Washington office. Organize materials for on-campus interviews, schedule in-office interviews with candidates, identify attorney interviewers, prepare interview schedules, communicate with candidates about logistics, and serve as the primary point of contact for candidates on interview days and throughout the process.
- Summer Program:
- Work with the Senior Manager to coordinate all aspects of summer program, including scheduling orientation meetings, assembling materials, planning and executing social events, collecting evaluations, scheduling reviews, monitoring work projects and assignments, tracking attendance at events, preparing offer letters, and tracking offers.
- General Legal Recruitment:
- Organize interviews for summer, fall, and lateral attorney candidates. Prepare meeting schedules for candidates, prepare and distribute candidate materials to interviewing attorneys, greet candidates, maintain recruiting calendars, solicit comments from attorney interviewers, and process recruiting expenses/reimbursements for candidates and attorney participants.
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment processing for lateral attorney candidates for our international offices.
- Process resumes, track candidates, and run reports using our recruitment database (LawCruit), and maintain complete candidate files in the database.
- Work with recruiting team members in other offices on department-wide recruiting initiatives.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure that all new hire paperwork is completed and submitted for all law clerks, summer associates, fall associates, and laterals.
- Compile and update various demographic, statistical, survey, and other reporting materials as needed for Management, the Hiring Committee, Human Resources, and for the department.