Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., an AV-rated law firm in downtown Orlando, is seeking an innovative and experienced CIO/Director of Information Technology. The CIO/Director of Information Technology will provide leadership and vision to develop strategic direction for the firm’s technology; oversee the firm’s day-to-day operations, security, disaster recovery, training, and records management functions; and, lead the firm’s Information Technology and Records Departments consisting of twelve people. This is a highly visible position that reports to the firm’s Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the firm’s Technology Committee and other key leadership.
1. Work with the firm’s Technology Committee to establish goals, direction, and priorities.
2. Demonstrate effective and timely communication skills to convey and promote technology goals consistent with the firm’s strategic planning.
3. Maintain awareness of emerging technology (general and legal) which could be advantageous to the firm. Assess the needs of the firm and its current resources. Research products and systems to recommend best solutions.
4. Develop, recommend, and implement the budget for the Information Technology Department. Draft and present requests for unbudgeted equipment, positions, and other funding.
5. Develop, recommend and implement technology policies and procedures.
6. Guide development of training, and technical and user documentation for hardware and systems. Coordinate the integration of office operations and information systems.
7. Manage firm technical contracts, including negotiation, renewal, and termination.
8. Manage the firm’s systems and applications requirements, monitor effectiveness, determine the requirement for enhancements or modifications, authorize and implement routine modifications, and investigate and identify systems and the related costs and implications to the firm.
9. Interview, select, hire, train and assign Information Technology Department staff. Provide direction and mentoring, develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff. Evaluate performance and provide counseling, cross training and coaching to employees.
10. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from complex technical material and other inputs
Excellent project management and organizational skills
Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and persuasion skills
Highly collaborative and able to build trusting relationships across a diverse workforce
Capable leader, advisor, mentor, and coach; someone who motivates and inspires
Demonstrates respect for others and promotes a supportive environment
Resilient, pragmatic, and outcome-oriented
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related discipline.
10+ years of related work experience with at least 3-5 years in a leadership position.
Legal or other professional services industry experience is preferred.
Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., is an Equal Opportunity Employment.
About Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A.
Founded in Orlando, Florida, in 1969, Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., is a multi-practice business law firm. Our attorneys represent corporate, entrepreneurial and individual clients across a myriad of industries locally, nationally and beyond our borders, from offices in Orlando, Melbourne, Mount Dora and through Meritas, an established global alliance of independent law firms offering local insight, local rates and world-class client service. LOCAL ROOTS. BROAD REACH.SM www.lowndes-law.com.