Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant to work with our Labor & Employment practice group in our Downtown Indianapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing a full range of legal administrative support to the assignments in a timely and efficient manner. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Prepare legal documents and correspondence
• Assemble and file documents electronically
• Enter time on behalf of assigned timekeepers, process payment requests, and coordinate the client billing process
• Strong commitment to client service • Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, as well as the ability to work independently • Good planning, prioritization, and organizational skills • Excellent administrative/secretarial and proofreading skills • Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including across offices • Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment • Positive and professional demeanor
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events • On-site wellness and fitness programs • 37.5-hour work week, with a one-hour lunch break • Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields • Variety of health plan options, as well as dental, vision, and retirement plans • Generous paid time off • Business casual attire
• 3+ years of legal administrative experience supporting a litigation-based practice; Labor & Employment experience a plus
• Minimum of high school graduation; Business school or related professional legal secretarial degree preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Experience with electronic filing in U.S. District Court and Federal/State Courts
About Faegre Baker Daniels
Faegre Baker Daniels - One Firm globally, committed to Clients First through High Performance.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.