Position Summary This position is responsible for supporting the U.S. Legal Recruiting team and provide centralized support during the lateral recruiting cycle. This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive and reliable recruitment support to all U.S. offices of the firm. Maintains positive relations with Firm leadership, Legal Recruiting Team, attorneys, and support staff. Maintains confidentiality of personnel and firm matters. Works with highly sensitive issues within tight time frames. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, the ability to perform tasks with a high level of accuracy, work well within a team-oriented environment and contribute to effective team relationships. Interpersonal skills are necessary in order to communicate and follow instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys, recruiting team, and staff. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively by phone, and provide information with courtesy and tact.
Essential Functions Interview Scheduling
· Schedule, send calendar appointments, and coordinate all logistics for all U.S. lateral Associate interviewing, keeping the Recruiting Team in each office updated throughout the process.
· Schedule interviews, meetings, and conferences with attendees in different time zones around the world. Includes working effectively with IT team, legal secretaries, and operation and hospitality teams in all Reed Smith offices.
· Work with the Recruiting Team to log candidates in Lawcruit and Lateral Recruiting Database and frequently update the system at each stage of the recruiting process.
· Oversee data in recruiting databases, including monitoring evaluations, compiling materials for Recruiting Team needs, and periodic review of candidate data for accuracy.
Search Firm Communication
· Maintain the Firm's search firm directory and manage contracts with search firms on an annual basis and as requested.
· Communicate effectively with department management regarding search firm agreements and expected search firm expenditures.
· Process search firm payments, log amounts in all data entry points, manage payment process and due dates for Departments, Chief Human Resource Officer, and US Director of Legal Recruiting.
· Determine process, along with U.S. Director of Legal Recruiting, on how how to improve social media presence to attract attorney talent.
· Develop relationships with marketing team to create weekly postings on LinkedIn.
· Become a LinkedIn super-user and assist team in using LinkedIn to source candidates.
· Provide global backup for Partner and Counsel lateral interview scheduling.
· Provide U.S. central back up to U.S. Legal
· Support overall Recruiting Team needs with special projects and statistical analysis as needed.
· Participate in meetings with Recruiting Team.
· Prepare and process invoices, bills, and expense reports.
Requirements Education: Bachelor’s degree in a professional discipline required. Experience: A minimum of three years of Legal Recruiting experience is preferred. Law firm experience is also preferred. Should have a demonstrated understanding of current market trends and philosophies. Skills: Ability to multi-task, be highly efficient and remain organized while managing various tasks.
Attention to detail and accururacy is highly developed and a core strength. Able to identify errors, ommisions and issues in a timely manner, and to propose potential solutions.
Epemplary communication skills necessary to communicate on the telephone and in person with attorneys and staff of all levels.
Ability to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner and handle confidential information with discretion. Not fazed when identifying issues and errors made by more senior staff.
High-energy, driven, articulate, and friendly personality with a customer-service mindset. Must be comfortable working with others in remote office locations and across time zones.
Strong Microsoft office software skills, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lawcruit, and internal databases, and the ability to quickly learn other applications are critical.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and entrusted to work with sensitive matters.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None Equipment to be Used: Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, calculator, copier, scanner, etc. Typical Physical Demands: Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Typical Mental Demands: Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels. Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirement to: recruit.reedsmith.com Reed Smith offers a challenging work environment, business casual dress code and a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, flexible benefits program, tuition assistance, and generous 401 (k) plan. Reed Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all. Reed Smith provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including in the application and interview process.
Qualified candidates only. No search firms.
About Reed Smith LLP
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 28 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.