Attorney Recruitment, Professional Legal Management
4 Year Degree
The Director of Lateral Partner Recruiting will implement creative strategies for sourcing and recruiting partner level candidates, oversee sourcing efforts to increase the pipeline of prospective partner candidates, and direct the day-to-day process for active partner recruiting.
The Director will work closely with the Executive Committee, Managing Partner, Partners in charge of each office, Practice Group Leaders, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, and other key contributors to firm expansion efforts. This position could be located in Kansas City, MO or Minneapolis, MN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages day-to-day partner sourcing and recruiting efforts, including leading practice groups with the development and execution of a lateral recruiting strategy and overseeing candidate outreach to potential partner candidates
· Directs and oversees all aspects of active partner candidate process while delivering a superior candidate experience, including submission review, feedback and analysis of candidate, and due diligence
· Works closely with Firm management in defining and executing partner recruiting strategies
· Develops relationships with key contributors to firm strategic partner hiring efforts and thoroughly understanding the firm’s practice areas, areas of strength and selling points for potential laterals
· Establishes and cultivates relationships with preferred search firms and serves as primary contact the firm throughout the hiring process; negotiates search firm agreements; regularly communicate hiring priorities and strategy, articulating the value proposition for various key hires
· Manage and analyze firmwide recruiting data, prepare and deliver presentations to firm leadership on recruiting goals, successes, challenges, strategies and market trends
· Analyze hiring projections and propose general recommendations regarding hiring goals and strategies
· Track market trends and propose policy modifications
· Represent the firm at various national and regional forums relating to hiring and recruitment
· Partner with Diversity & Inclusion team to execute strategies that will attract diverse partner candidates to the firm
· Collaborate with the Client Innovation department to elevate brand, develop marketing and media profile raising campaigns, and promote new partner hires
· May directly supervise employees and carryout supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm's policies and applicable laws
· Conducts performance evaluations
· Establishes salary levels at the time of hire and at the point of performance reviews.
· Facilitates conflict resolutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 10 years of attorney recruiting experience in an AmLaw 200 law firm, including lateral partner recruiting and experience leading and managing direct reports
· Understanding of general legal recruiting processes and knowledge of mid-to-large sized law firms and the legal industry as a whole
· A commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team and ability to lead and motivate others, being innovative and strategic, and providing a high level of professionalism and client service
· Superior communication skills, with particular attention to detail, client service and responsiveness; ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate orally and in writing to a diverse set of recipients
· Strong organizational, time and project management skills; ability to manage competing priorities effectively and coordinate communications and feedback among hiring teams, search firms and candidates
· Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and proficiency in MS Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the Talent Management & Employee Relations Specialist will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS
About Lathrop GPM
Successful businesses think ahead. At Lathrop GPM, we make it our business to help you anticipate trends and plan for challenges. Working together, we build exciting futures.
Lathrop GPM serves a client base whose businesses form the backbone of our economy. Our clients run factories, build skylines, cure diseases, create jobs and power our world. And we work alongside them the entire way – immersing ourselves in our clients’ organizations and partnering with them to understand the big picture, so we can think past the day-to-day and help our clients anticipate future challenges. From the research lab to the factory floor, from oil fields to skyscrapers – we work as one integrated team to help our clients achieve their most important objectives.
Lathrop GPM was formed in 2020 through the combination of two 100+-year firms, both with strong Midwestern cores – Lathrop Gage (established in Kansas City in 1873) and Gray Plant Mooty (established in Minneapolis in 1866). Our nearly 400 attorneys practice in 14 offices nationwide, located from coast to coast – allowing us to quickly respond to clients’ needs at the local, state or national levels.
Clients are at the heart of ever...ything we do. At Lathrop GPM, we help businesses, organizations, and individuals grow and succeed. Our work helps them seize opportunities, solve problems and dominate market spaces. With deep industry experience in health care and life sciences, franchise and distribution, agribusiness, manufacturing, and higher education, our commitment is to long-term relationships, not just transactions.
We want to lead the future of your legal services, together.