Professional Development Training & Legal Compliance Specialist
Allen & Overy LLP
Location: New York , New York
Type: Full Time
Attorney Professional Development
Professional Legal Management
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over 30 countries all over the world. We’re built on the work of talented and motivated people, in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We operate at the forefront of the legal industry, and our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners and senior leadership acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We’re thoughtful and inventive, and we’ve developed a culture in which difference and openness is positively valued, where people are free to be themselves. We’re one global team, supportive and collaborative but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Department purpose and structure
The HR team at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic HR business advice at the business partner level and quality support services in the full range of HR functions through specialist teams such as, learning & development, resourcing, reward, employee relations advice, diversity and inclusion, payroll, systems and HR administration.
To provide specialist knowledge, expertise, and implementation on the training and legal compliance fronts as a key member of the Professional Development group within the U.S. HR team.
Senior Manager of Professional Development
Managers of Professional Development
HR Head and HR Managers (Americas)
US Associates/Counsel and Partners
External vendors and coaches
Global Training and D&I teams
Role and responsibilities
– Work with PD Manager on attorney training programs, including practice group training, Business Skills programs, and FY Orientation, across US offices.
– Serve as expert and advisor with oversight as to CLE and Bar requirements for all US admitted attorneys across the firm, and with foreign legal consultants in the US where applicable.
– Work with training program providers in US, and across offices where US CLE credit is requested, regarding US CLE compliance and accreditation.
– Handle compliance aspects such as program attendance/CLE sign-in sheets and data collection (e.g., related to bar admission, graduation dates, CLE certificate of attendance requests, biennial registration due dates, certificates of good standing).
– Handle accurate data entry into Micron system for tracking and compliance. Work on preparation of CLE reports and documentation for relevant state Boards.
– Liaise with Belfast Compliance team regarding Annual Compliance surveys for US attorneys and staff.
– Oversee PLI Privileged Membership and programming from outside vendors.
– Liaise with the Marketing team for client CLE presentations.
– Help manage the PD budget and expenses, with oversight from PD Senior Manager and HR/Finance; work with for proper tracking and reporting of expenses for e.g., attorney registrations, professional memberships, bar-exam related dues, and training matters.
– Participate in other HR/PD Functions as needed (e.g., Committees, talent management, coaching, and mentoring programs).
At least 3 years experience in the Professional Development area in a law firm with experience in the training and legal compliance/CLE areas. Experience with Micron a plus.
Collaborative, resilient, high energy, team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment.