Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
Loading... Please wait.
ExpandShow Other Jobs
Job SavedSave Job
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler, LLP
Location: New York , New York
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
The Conflicts Analyst will be responsible for processing conflict searches in connection with new business intake, lateral attorney hires, and for marketing purposes. The Analyst will review new client/matter conflict search requests, verify entity and party information, and perform corporate affiliate research. In a timely manner, the Analyst will create the reports necessary for the Associate General Counsel to address potential conflicts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review and process conflicts searches for all new clients, matters, lateral attorney candidates, and business development purposes.
· Verify the information provided by attorneys and administrative assistants through the conflicts system, Intapp Open, is thorough and accurate, with all necessary parties listed and identified correctly.
· Conduct research through internal and external databases on individual and corporate names and corporate affiliations for the purpose of determining organizational relationships applicable to the search.
· Generate and evaluate conflicts report, providing critical analysis of the results, identifying and escalating potential conflicts to the Associate General Counsel for resolution.
· Communicate with attorneys and administrative professionals to answer questions about the conflicts and new business intake process.
· Ensure the timely and efficient processing of conflict requests.
· Assist with data maintenance projects to ensure accuracy of the conflicts system and with special projects supporting conflicts and compliance initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Bachelor's degree required
· At least 4 years of conflicts experience in the legal industry
· Meticulous attention to detail, strong research, analytical, and proofreading skills
· Experience with Intapp Open software, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new software applications
· Knowledge of the principles of legal conflicts, ethical rules, and corporate business structures
· Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, manage time well, and prioritize effectively
· Strong communications skills, including ability to interact collegially with attorneys and business services staff
· Willingness to work overtime, when needed
The starting base salary range is $75,000 - $90,000, plus competitive benefits and bonus eligibility.
At Patterson Belknap, we are dedicated to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. If this role interests you but you believe your prior work experience may not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role, or we may help you explore other suitable opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you.
PBWT is an equal opportunity employer. It is also an advocate of workforce diversity.
Founded in 1919, Patterson Belknap is a law firm of approximately 200 lawyers committed to providing high quality legal advice and service to clients and to maintaining a congenial and diverse workplace. The Firm delivers a full range of services across more than 20 practice groups in both litigation and commercial law. Our practice groups and attorneys are regularly ranked among the leaders in New York and nationally by the most respected industry guides, based on client and peer reviews, and the firm is frequently included on The American Lawyer’s “A-List” of 20 leading law firms in the United States.
Patterson Belknap’s success over the last 100 years is rooted in five core values: Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Inclusion, and Service. These core values are demonstrated each day by our attorneys and staff. They are fundamental to how we work with each other and our clients.
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Firm strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee, intern, or other person providing services pursu...ant to a contract at a Firm workplace (such as freelancers, independent contractors, subcontractors, and vendors) and any applicant for employment (or for an internship or third-party contractor position described above) (collectively, “employee”) because of the individual’s race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion or creed, national origin, alienage, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions or decision making (of employees or their dependents), familial status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Firm also considers for employment qualified applicants and third-party contractors with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, and local law. This policy applies to all Firm activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge. This policy also bans discriminatory harassment.