Immigration law firm is seeking an experienced, motivated and efficient Immigration Paralegal with organizational skills. Individual will focus on family-based immigration matters.
· Lead communication and coordinate with clients to gather required documents for filing applications.
· Prepare draft correspondence and memoranda.
· Utilize document and case management systems to prepare, monitor, and record all aspects of client casework.
· Manage status of all filed applications and and finalize documents.
· Track the status of filings and inform the client of any follow up that may be necessary.
· Identify problematic cases and discuss strategies and/or solutions with Sr. Paralegal/Associate Attorney.
· Conduct research of immigration law and procedures.
· Show complete competence of case types and continually advance and broaden knowledge.
· Maintain confidentiality of client information.
· Prepare cases that require special handling as needed.
· Prepare internal caseload reports for management.
· Assist with the development of case strategies and firm processes.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of family-based immigration experience. Ability to work effectively under pressure. Spanish fluency is a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding organizational, problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties, the employee will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The employee will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.;
· Must be able to lift 35 pounds;
· Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Benefits include recognized work-life balance and team culture, opportunities for career advancement, office events, 10 paid holidays, Paid Time Off (15 days in first year, 20 days in second year, 25 days through end of sixth year and 30 days over seven years), group insurance package with majority employer-covered (Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Vision, FSA, HSA), 401k retirement benefits with employer match, safe harbor and profit sharing, vacation reimbursement program, self improvement allowance, access to free on-site gym, flexible schedule, bonuses and very competitive salary.