Gibson Dunn is a leading global law firm, advising clients on significant transactions and disputes. Our exceptional teams craft and deploy creative legal strategies that are meticulously tailored to every matter, however complex or high-stakes. The firm’s work is distinguished by a unique combination of precision and vision.
Based in Los Angeles or Orange County, the Professional Development Specialist will have the opportunity to work on innovative programs, global projects, and the Firm’s celebrated New Lawyer and Mid-Level Academies. Gibson Dunn’s Professional Development department seeks a bright, dedicated, self-starting professional to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team player with proven expertise in project management and event leadership, with the ability to work flexibly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
This role reports to the Professional Development, Associate Director-Global Programs.
- Playing a central role in the Firm’s onboarding and integration of new associates, including managing existing processes and developing new programs based on associate needs.
- Creating engaging and informative departmental communications, including developing design and content for the department’s monthly electronic newsletters, brochures, articles, guides, and the department’s internet and intranet sites.
- Working directly with global Associates Committee Chair and Vice-Chair on overseeing Associate Committee programs, including office calls and Committee-wide meetings.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining systems to assign and track Professional Development engagements with associates (e.g., coaching and check-in calls).
- Innovating methods to track the qualitative and quantitative progress of long-term departmental initiatives and objectives, including to collaborate with the department lead on executive team reports.
- Organizing and overseeing annual projects, including budgeting and our Firm’s participation in the AmLaw Mid-Law Mid-Level Survey.
- Developing, leading and/or assist with other departmental special projects.
- Delegating and overseeing tasks to departmental coordinator(s) and assistant(s) related to the above projects.
- Leading the design and orchestration of departmental events, including events in support of new associate integration, office visits, and program launches.
- Assisting with the general planning of the Firm’s New Lawyer Academy and Mid-Level Academy, with an emphasis on overall attendee experience.